April 07, 2011

focus on finishing projects

This is one of the First mixed media projects I started. Both pieces were made from the covers of books, collaged, painted, drawn on and then I painted the additional collaged picture of a coffee cup. This was going to be my First handmade journal for my daily morning pages. I never Finished it as I did not take the time to learn book binding.

This is my sketchbook challenge from last month that I had planned to paint, and also promised to post the Finished project on my blog. I started to paint it, then realized if I sketch with a General's Sketch & Wash graphite pencil, adding water based paint will smudge the lines. Oh, now I remember what happened with Charlene's wet nose and tongue earlier. I think it is salvageable. I want to Finish this also.

So today I am going to Focus on Finishing projects!

What are you Focusing on today?

4 comments:

allison said...

I love the Morning Pages piece! I have SO much coffee art in my kitchen (helplessly addicted) but never thought to try my hand at my own!

I'd also love to learn book binding. I love holding books as I read them; I can't imagine how exhilarating it'd feel to actually make my own.

- allison writes

~Rasz~ said...

hi allison. I LOVE coffee...I live on coffee and water, decaf/regular just coffee! And I also like coffee art. I am going to try to make some coffee art for my kitchen too. As for binding, i found this cool youtube on coptic (i think that's what its called) binding that i keep watching but haven't tried. if i can figure it out and actually do it this time, i'll post it. your comment inspired me, thanks.

li said...

I have a tough time finishing projects too. I started to learn watercolour but gave up. Maybe when I retire! (Then you can bind them into a book for me!)

~Rasz~ said...

hi li! I just finished binding the journal. I think I need a little more practice and more bandaids before I do yours! Good thing you are a long way from retiring.

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.