March 28, 2011

march "sketchbook challenge" spilling over

In my recent blog hopping, I found The Sketchbook Challenge. After immediately becoming a follower & visiting the blog several times I started thinking maybe even I could sketch.

The March challenge theme is "Spilling Over. Last night I was thinking of what is "spilling over" in my life. There is so much right now. I thought about my grateful journal and grateful lists I keep (staying in gratefulness keeps me focused on how much I really do have in my life). I used this mindset for the March theme to sketch. I can draw a flower, okay, and flowers represent happiness and new beginnings to me so that was the start. The main flower is my life in general. I am a blossoming flower at this point in my beautiful life. The rest of the flowers represent everything I am grateful for in my life (I ran out of room and covered the entire 11"x15" page). Now that's spilling over. I sketched it on watercolor paper with a General's graphite sketch & wash pencil. Today I might try to paint it? I will post another picture if I do.

This sketch is named "gratefulness" as that is what it represents to me. The two smudges on this sketch were from my dog Charlene who just had to lick it as I was trying to get a picture. Another lesson learned, keep artwork higher than Charlene's reach when taking pictures.


Happy Monday...Make it a great week!

10 comments:

Kristy said...

Awesome Rasz !! So happy you found the Sketchbook Challenge! It is a wonderful prompt to get your muse going! Love your sketch and the sentiment behind it !! Way to go Brave Girl !!! Hugs... KRisty

Heather Henry said...

Wow, this is beautiful! I can't wait to see it painted, I hope you get a chance to paint it today! :)
I am grateful I have met you! :)

~Rasz~ said...

Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! There are flowers in there for both of you! I am so glad to have you in my corner encouraging me along, you are awesome, inspiring women!

li said...

Shame on you - throwing another blogging temptation my way :))) Some very intricate work there...I'm afraid I haven't the patience.

~Rasz~ said...

Oh come on Li...don't you have some free time between 2am-4am that's not filled up yet:)This sketch was actually very relaxing, which surprised me, sort of like journaling with little flowers instead of words.

Jingle said...

lovely art.

Heather Henry said...

Still excited to see this in color. I am really looking forward to seeing what you're going to do with it, I know it's going to be amazing!! A-Z Tomorrow!! Hooray, I am excited, how about you? Hope you've had a wonderful week. :)

~Rasz~ said...

Hi Jingle. Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a nice comment. Your blog and poem are lovely too. Glad you are participating in the A-Z Challenge too!

Hi Heather. Yes I am excited to see it in color too. This has been a very long week and I have not even posted anything yet alone create...So tomorrow is TGI Friday and as soon as I clock out, its paintin' time! And I am excited too to start the A-Z Challenge! Just a few hours away and I will be learning to wake up earlier every morning to blog. This is going to be great! Are you ready?

~Rasz~ said...

Sorry Jingle, I think I am a little tired and did not proof read very well prior to posting :) I meant to tell you your poems (not poem) are lovely. I like your style. I am excited to check out what you do with the A-Z Challenge!

Amanda Trought said...

Hey Rasz, thank you as always for your encouraging words. I can't quite believe your a new blogger, you have a lovely writing style. I love your flower sketch it would be great to see once you coloured it. It could almost be the design for fabric print....Charlenes trying to get in on the creativity:)

If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art Designs and at other artist sites.