If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art and at other artist sites.

April 08, 2014

mia, wip's and chronic pain...


my heart rock in the yard I see every morning
I had this great idea to go to Sissy's house.
She is GREAT at marketing and I needed someone else to help me write bio's and descriptions of my different art styles.

Packed up all my stuff and off I went.
Without my computer or thumb drive!
So much for working on the internet.
So we went out shopping for a trip she was getting ready for and some girlie play.
I got totally pampered along with a pedicure.
And yes, I forgot my camera to take any pictures of anything.

Came back to where I stay. I got to see my youngest son before he goes out to Oklahoma for work for three months and to check out another side of the USA.
I am so happy that he gets this opportunity, yet as a mom the thought of my baby (he's 21) going so far away...

Then I was suppose to move in with a friend of mine and that fell through at the last minute so I was really sad. It would have been a great move but I guess there is another plan for my life. If anyone knows what that is, please let me know, I've been saying this for two years now.

And one of my best friends is moving away this month.
So, I've been a little depressed, okay maybe a little more than a little depressed. I feel alone and scared.

Here's some WIPs I have going on:


This is a background that has been sitting on my easel getting dusty. It took over 20 pictures of it to get just one that looked okay.

I didn't like the circle so I cut up a bunch of petals from old paint covered paper towels. 


Painted the circle with gold acrylic mixed with gel medium for a very textured effect. I attached rows of petals on top of each other to create the beginning of the flower.


The flower will not be so bright and I have lots more ready to add, I just need to get up and do it :)

I started this Forest Faerie at Sissy's.
She is done in ink and colored pencil:


She isn't finished either...getting there:


And below is another drawing that went in a direction I was not planning.
She's kinda cool. There is graphite pencil, ink, colored pencil, watercolor, acrylics, and Golden Soft Gel Medium. I think that would constitute "mixed media" pretty well.
I'm hoping she looks good on your monitor. This was another one that was hard to capture in a picture even with editing.

 
I think she looked so much better without all the color:


I know the best thing for me would be to crank up the music and work on some of these WIPs, I just haven't seemed to get up and do it, especially since stress can cause pain to get so much worse, which is depressing and tiring...and there goes the cycle of chronic pain.

I have realized that in the world of blogging, so many bloggers are dealing with chronic medical conditions, pain, depression, anxiety...and other issues.
If you are, how do you handle it?
I want to stay positive and thrive.
Any suggestions?
 
I got this off Facebook and it was originally from The Brave Girls Club
There is a link on the left sidebar for their daily inspirational emails.


Hope you are having a Terrific Tuesday!

2 comments:

Michelle Howe said...

Love the painting and the fairy! Come stay with me a while. I have a room!

Magic Love Crow said...

Robin, I don't like the way you are feeling! I wish I could do something for you! You have to look deep downside, find that happiness, find the burning light and hold on to it! Make the fire burn so bright! Remember, you are special! You are loved! Put that smile on your face! Your new art is really cool! I love the bright flower! I think it was really interesting to see the drawing with color and without color. I like them both ;o) Sending lots of love ;o)