If you like something you see, you can Pin It to Pinterest. Just Hover over the picture and click
the "Pin it" icon in the left upper corner. Thank you!

Please know that anything on this blog is Protected by Copyright. As artists, we respect each other and do not copy or use someone else's work without giving full credit to the artist. Please be respectful of this here at Rasz Art and at other artist sites.

March 25, 2014

winter's coming...time to paint...

Right?

Here is the latest weather update from Northern California:
Rain and Cold!
Looking at the clouds coming in this morning.
After a week of sunshine and warm weather we are finally going to get some much needed rain here and snow up in the mountains.
Hopefully we will get enough to help our drought situation.

I love painting when it's raining outside.
The sound of the raindrops hitting the windows and the roof
are relaxing and soothing to me.

Here's what I am working on today:

She was originally drawn with graphite pencil then ink:


I've started painting her with watercolor then I will go over the paint (carefully) with soft gel medium and add another layer of watercolor and repeat the process several times.

If it works, she will have lots of color, texture and depth.

What's your weather like?
What are you working on?
Do you like creating when it's raining? 

I forgot to mention that my Etsy store and Rasz Art Facebook are up.
If you can find me on FB, please stop by and say hi!
There are only two items in the store and lots more pictures waiting to post on both sites. Geez, I'm starting to feel old with all this technology but it's fun to be able to go all around the world in a moment.
 
Now I need to figure out how to put the links up on my blogs sidebar and link my blog posts to Facebook.

Email me if you'd like to help me figure this one out :)

Have a Terrific Tuesday!

5 comments:

Kyra Wilson said...

She's looking lovely! :) I do love working when it's dismal weather outside. We're oscillating between spring and winter here!

Gloria said...

Love the "hair" she's going to be awesome with all those layers you are adding.

My weather is cold, snow yesterday, but Friday it may be warm, would be nice.

Rainy days are often soothing. Having a ponder, maybe decluttering or baking is nice to do.

I have a necklace to finish, it was supposed to be mailed, but things happened.

Eliza said...

Wow you have really been working on this beauty, she is going to look brilliant when finished.

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda

Magic Love Crow said...

Hey Robin ;o) Your green girl is so beautiful! Love her! We are getting rain tomorrow! I think Spring is here ;o) Did you get help on putting your Etsy link on your blog? I can help you with that, if you need me to. E-mail, if you need my help ;o) Big Hugs and congrats on the shop!

Lisa Isabella Russo said...

Beautiful photo, love the starkness of it. Good to see the start of your green girl.